- 3 Liters – Water
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 8 teabags – black or green
- Whatever you like! Use about 1 cup flavor to 4 cups of fermented tea when bottling.
- Make New Tea: Bring the water to a boil and add the sugar. When sugar has dissolved in the water, add teabags. Remove from heat and let cool overnight.
- Harvest Fermented Tea: Remove all but two cups of fermented tea. Keep this for next fermentation.
- Bottle Kombucha: Prepare flavors. Use clean bottles. Add flavor to bottle and then add harvested kombucha tea. Let sit on counter for 3 days to carbonate. Put in the fridge.
- Next Round of Brewing: Replace harvested tea with new batch of tea. Brew 7 – 10 days before harvesting again.
Use a glass jar and a tea cloth and rubber band to “seal” your brewing kombucha.
NEVER let metal touch your fermentation.
SCOBY means Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria & Yeast.
Record your process in a journal. Keep track of measurements, ingredients, and length of time so you can recreate the recipes you love most.